TikTok account: registration, login, personalization
- Apps & Sites Social media Files Social media guide TikTok
The TikTok application is very popular with teenagers and young adults... but not only! If the quality of the content is not always there, there are some nuggets. Curious ? So get started by creating your account!
- tik tok
- Create a tiktok account
- tiktok login
- tiktok account deleted for no reason [solved] > Forum - Mobile
- How to recover your deleted tiktok account [solved] > Forum - Messaging
- tiktok account suspended [solved] > Forum - Mobile
- Delete a tiktok account > Guide
- How to unsubscribe from a tiktok account > Guide
- Download a TikTok video: all the solutions
- Remove TikTok logo: how to erase it in a video
- How to create a TikTok account
- Adjust privacy settings on TikTok
Available on Android and iOS, TikTok is a free mobile application for creating videos, with music and playback. It has been a great success in France since 2019, especially with the youngest – the famous generation Z.
But for several months, older users as well as personalities of all stripes (influencers, artists, comedians and even politicians) have joined this network and actively participate in the uninterrupted flow of video creations. Thus, it is estimated at more than 11 million its number of monthly users in France alone, and 800 million in all in the world, placing it ahead of WhatsApp .
TikTok owes its success to its extremely effective and easy-to-use functions for creating videos: filters, effects, adding music… Their duration is limited to 15 or 60 seconds, so the message must be short. And the result could be compared to a YouTube on steroids: it's fast, noisy, with abuse of special effects and zooms. If the majority only seeks to entertain, some videos are educational, decipher the news or defend causes with a strong commitment against racism or sexism, for example.
Who says social network, says sharing. In fact, other users can comment, relay or "like" the videos, and even reuse them in their own productions. The videos and choreographies thus created are broadcast on the platform and can easily be sent to other social networks such as Instagram or Twitter.
Like Instagram, TikTok uses hashtags to highlight certain videos, and offers challenges based on specific music. These regularly renewed creative challenges offer both a way to arouse the interest of users and a good way for them to showcase themselves.
But like any social network, TikTok has its excesses. Widely used by the youngest (13-18 years old), the Chinese application has been talked about because of the risks of cyberbullying and pedophilia, scams and even accusations of espionage, to the point of being temporarily banned in the United States. Since these accusations, TikTok has changed the privacy of accounts created by minors. However, it is strongly recommended to make young people aware of the risks, to pay attention to the content posted... and to check their privacy settings regularly.
How to create a TikTok account?
Creating a TikTok account is very fast. Within minutes, you will be able to check out the first videos on your homepage.
- Download and install the application on your mobile phone.
Download the TikTok app for iOS
Download the TikTok app for Android
- After installation, launch the app on your smartphone. You can choose several options to create your account: a phone number, an email address, your Facebook account, your Twitter account or your Google account (on Android).
- If you choose the Twitter account , the Facebook account or the Google account , a new window will open on the relevant application to confirm the link between the two accounts. By default, the information already present on the Twitter, Facebook or Google account will be used, for example first name and age.
- If you want to sign up by providing a phone number or email address, tap Use a phone or email address .
- A new screen appears. Enter your date of birth by scrolling the month , day , and year at the bottom of the screen, then tap Next . This information will not be accessible to other TikTok users, but it is used to verify that you are over 13, the minimum age to use the application.
- The screen changes again. Choose the validation option you want to use at the top: Telephone or E -mail .
- By phone: enter your phone number in the box provided, then press Send a code . A code is sent by text message to your phone and must be copied into the interface. If the application detects the SMS, the code is automatically detected and copied and the registration is validated.
- By e-mail: enter your e-mail address in the box provided, then press Next . A confirmation email is sent to your usual mailbox, but you can continue the process without waiting for it to be received.
- You will just have to think about doing it after your discovery of TikTok.
- A control box is superimposed on the screen for additional verification by image. Solve the puzzle. The box disappears automatically.
- The password creation screen appears. Choose a password by following the instructions: 8 to 20 characters, and a mixture of letters, numbers and special characters. Press Next .
- Choose a username on the next screen, then tap Sign Up .
- A dialogue box is superimposed on the screen concerning personalized advertisements. Tap Accept , you can always change this option in settings later.
- A new screen will load to specify your areas of interest. This will allow TikTok to fill your homepage with a first sample of themed videos. It will refine over time. Select themes by pressing on those offered : comedy, animals, food, travel, art… They pass on a red background. Press Next .
- There you go, your account is created and you discover your first TikTok videos on the next screen.
- To scroll through them, slide your finger from bottom to top.
- If you like a video, tap the Heart icon to let the creator know, or twice on the screen.
- If you want to follow this creator, tap their profile picture with the + sign on the right side of the screen.
- The account profile screen appears. Press the Subscribe button , then the arrow at the top left of the screen to return to the home page.
- You can find all your subscriptions by pressing at the top of the home screen, on Subscriptions .
- If on the contrary, you don't like this kind of video, long press on the screen. A drop-down menu appears. Tap Not interested.
The more you indicate your tastes, the more TikTok will try to offer you content likely to please you.
How to change the privacy settings of a TikTok account?
Now that you've created your account, it's best to check its visibility and manage the permissions for using your videos. So many important privacy settings.
- Tap the Me icon at the bottom right of the app's home screen.
- The screen changes. Press the three small dots at the top right.
- The settings management screen appears. Tap Privacy under Account .
- Enable the switch at the end of the Private Account line to change the visibility of the account. The icon is green when the account is private. This setting is recommended for underage users.
- In the Security section , you can also change the settings for direct messages, collages with your videos, reactions and comments to videos and also their visibility.
- Touch the setting you want to change.
- On the next screen, select Everyone , Friends , or Nobody to change the privacy. If the account is private, content will only be visible to friends.
- Tap the arrow at the very top left of the screen to return to the Security screen . Repeat for each setting.
- Tap the arrow at the very top left of the screen to return to the Profile screen
How to download the "Chinese TikTok" Douyin
How to access Chinese TikTok?At this point, just visit the phone settings and then the Media files and purchases section. Under View Account, you need to follow the path from Country/Region to Change country or region and then select Mainland China .
How to see TikTok from another country?
Use a VPN. Install a Virtual Private Network (VPN) application. A VPN will allow you to use TikTok through a proxy server in another country . For example, selecting a VPN server in Germany will trick TikTok into thinking you are in Germany.
How to use Douyin?
- Allow Douyin access to your photo library.
- Enable Douyin notifications .
- Confirm that you are of legal age (over 18)
- To see more videos, scroll down the screen.
- To login to your S2S Influencer account, enter your Chinese mobile number provided by S2S GROUP.
How to change the TikTok language?
You can change the display language of your TikTok application at any time .
Change language preferences
- Tap Profile in the bottom right.
- Tap the 3 lines icon at the top right of your settings.
- Press Language .
- Select your preferred language from the list.